It's embarrassing really, soon after creating my Android-Image-Cropper fork as I wrote about in my previous post, a GitHub user noted that I have a slowness issue caused by loading/decoding image URI on main thread potentially causing an ANR, really a newbie mistake.
Unfortunately starting a new startup I didn't have the time to fix it then, and no one come forward with a pull request. Fortunately the company is more mature now so I can commit a bit of my free time for the project.
What we will have here:
- A few words on the implementation.
- Overriding default progress bar UI using
showProgressBar view attribute and listeners.
TL;DR See the gist.
Working on Android open-source I needed to publish two libraries (Android-Image-Cropper and Android-Fast-Image-Loader) to JCenter.
What I will touch in this post:
- Publishing AAR
- "Sources not found" issue with AAR
- AAR vs. JAR
- Publishing JAR
- Handling optional dependency in Gradle
TL;DR see the release gradle script.
Recently I needed to implement avatar image upload from an Android app, I didn't found a library that did all that I needed so I forked a pretty good one and made it better, check it out: Android Image Cropper.
See also the followup post: Android Image Cropper async support and custom progress UI.
- Pick image from camera or gallery using single chooser.
- Select circular crop window in the image for the avatar.
- Limit output avatar image to 500×500 pixels.
- Efficient memory usage.
A lot of things has changed in the past year and it seems more is going to change in the next, unfortunately those changes are not aligned with the work required for HTML Renderer. That's why it took so long for v1.5 release to finally be ready and the reason not all features I originally planned made it.
With a heavy heart I'm going to hold all significant work on HTML Renderer until either my career path brings me back to .NET, I have more free time to work on it or the project will get more attentions. In the meanwhile I will continue to support the library with small fixes and answering question on the discussions/issues pages.
Recently I have been working on performance in the API layer and discovered a nice bug in our JSON parsing usage that is worth blogging on.
After getting feedback that my original clipboard code doesn't handle all scenarios, especially with Chrome, I went back to the code to get a better understand of what's going on and find the correct way to set plain text and HTML snippet to clipboard.
- Setting plain text and html data.
- Unicode support for plain text.
- Clipboard HTML format
- Parts start/end offsets.
- StartFragment/EndFragment comments.
- <html> and <body> elements.
- Unicode handling.
In case you want to display HTML with highlighted/colored syntax the simplest way to go is use WinForms RichTextBox, all is needed is to add RTF color tags surrounding HTML elements.
This helper class goal is exactly that, given a string containing HTML code it will return an RTF formatted string with the HTML elements colored.
I have used Alun Evans code as base, improving its coloring support and performance.
See it's usage in HtmlRenderer project.