Recently I have been working on performance in the API layer and discovered a nice bug in our JSON parsing usage that is worth blogging on.
Managed HTML rendering is a pain in the ass for a really long time, a really good solution I was able to find is this HTML Renderer hosted on CodePlex, though the project seems to be dead and I'm not sure how I can contribute… Anyway, It's 100% managed code and has nice HTML 4 and CSS level 2 spec cover.
So I decided to check it out and after a little playing around it felt a bit heavy so I decided to look into its performance using built in visual studio profiler, to ruin the ending I have managed to reduce average render time from 282 msec to 24 msec (91%).
The final code with most of the issues fixes raised here and here can be found here, you can use it under the same license the original code is under. Also, if everything goes well, I might be adding features to the project including text selecting for copy-paste support.